Ham Brunch Strata
- 3 cup Smithfield Ham, diced
- 6 slices, Smithfield Bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 3/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped
- Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 16 ounce loaf sourdough bread baguette,
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices and very lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cook and drain bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven and add fennel and leeks. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; Stir in bacon, ham, and parsley. Set aside.
Combine ricotta, salt, pepper, and 1 egg in a bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Whisk in remaining 5 eggs. Stir in milk and spinach. Arrange half of bread slices in a single layer in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon half of ham mixture evenly over bread slices; pour half of milk mixture evenly over ham mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Uncover and bake until set at 350 degrees F, 40 to 45 minutes.