All-American Pit BBQ Burger
Holten pulled out all the stops with this crowd-pleasing pitmaster. Your customers will wholeheartedly agree.
Beer Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dry mustard (Colman’s)
- 3 Tbsp lager beer
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp honey
Prepare beer mustard sauce ahead of time. Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- 1 Holten TNJ burger
- 2 oz pit pulled pork
- ½ oz fried onion strings
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 1 hamburger bun
Pit pulled pork: Any good brand of premade pulled pork or homemade pulled pork will work. Use what you like best!
Fried onion strings: Slice onions very thin. Dust them in seasoned flour. Fry in a 350° fryer until golden brown.
- Pit pulled pork: Any good brand of premade pulled pork or homemade pulled pork will work. Use what you like best!
- Fried onion strings: Slice onions very thin. Dust them in seasoned flour. Fry in a 350° fryer until golden brown.
- Place the TNJ burger on a 350° grill or flattop. Once the burger begins to thaw and form juice pockets on the top, it’s ready to flip.
- When the burger has been flipped, go ahead and top with the Cheddar cheese. Once the burger is cooked, place it on the bun. Top with the pulled pork, BBQ sauce and onion strings (in that order).
- Place the bun on top and serve with fries.
Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice when it’s on the grill, once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, and do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled, the higher the likelihood of a subpar performance and a dry patty.