Seared Scallops with Garlic Basil Butter
- 12 large deep sea scallops FFS 273600
- 2 Tsp all-purpose flour FFS 471202
- Salt FFS 555330
- Ground black pepper FFS 614000
- 2 Tbsp olive oil FFS 576700
- 11/2 Tbsp butter FFS 164220
- 2 garlic cloves, minced FFS 353840
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves FFS 353600
- 3 to 4 lemon slices FFS 355100
Use a paper towel to pat the scallops dry. Dust one side of the scallops with a small amount of flour, and then season with salt and pepper.
Heat a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the pan. When the oil is hot and shimmery, carefully place the scallops, seasoned-side-down, into the pan. Cook, without moving them until browned, about 2 minutes.
While the first side is browning, dust the unseasoned side of the scallops with a bit of flour and season them with salt and pepper.
Flip the scallops — if any stick to the pan, wait a few more seconds then try again, gently wiggling them side to side to help
Add the butter and garlic to the pan, and then swirl the butter around the pan as it melts. Cook another minute or two then take the pan off of the heat. Stir in the basil leaves and lemon slices. Serve.