Produce is coming in HOT
The end of summer is a cause for colorful celebration! The rainbow of early fall produce is a color and flavor PALETTE, perfect for any PALATE. Zucchini, tomatoes, corn, peaches, and more are all at their peak at the end of the sunny season—and ready for your next fresh, seasonal dish!
Grilled peaches… vegetable kebabs… there’s so much you can do to capitalize on the flavors of the changing season. Here are a few simple ways to transition your produce pantry from summer to fall:
- Shave vegetables into a hearty pasta dish.
- Prepare a fresh tomato salad.
- Lightly fry eggplant and serve as a sandwich.
- Grill peaches to top any dish!
- Bake up a berry cobbler.
Trends show consumers leaning towards warm comfort foods, but every consumer isn’t open to meat or dairy-based ingredients. Nestle’s Grilled Cauliflower Steak recipe (below) is a great LTO and speed scratch solution that will cure any consumer cravings.
- 1 pt Crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup Minor’s® Chipotle Flavor Concentrate
- 2 whole Cauliflowers
- 1 Tbsp Basil Pesto Sauce
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 pouch Brussels sprouts, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Corn, fresh, roasted, off the cob
- Whisk crème fraiche and chipotle flavor concentrate until smooth.
- Cross-cut cauliflower into steaks. Glaze with GreenLeaf Basil Pesto.
- Grill pesto-glazed cauliflower over medium high flame, 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through. Finish in oven at 350°F if needed.
- Sear Brussels sprouts in olive oil over medium high flame until crispy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until tender.
- Mix Brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds, and corn in a medium bowl.
- Pool basil crema on the plate and top with cauliflower steak. Garnish with corn mixture.